Gift shop displays are a great way to showcase your products and get people interested in buying them. But even if you’re not an experienced gift shop owner, there’s no reason why you can’t make some great displays of your own. All it takes is some creativity and a little bit of extra time on your part. In this article, we’ll talk about some simple tips for creating the perfect gift shop display that will help sell more products and attract more customers!
Keep Your Display Simple
The best way to attract customers is by having an attractive, well-organized display that shows off your products in an eye-catching way. However, if you have too many things on display and overcrowd the area, it will look messy and unappealing. You don’t want customers to walk away thinking that they can find better deals elsewhere because there are too many things competing for their attention!
Make It Easy To Read
- Use a consistent font, such as Times New Roman or Calibri, and size 12 or 14 points.
- Use contrasting colors that are easy on the eyes–black against white, red against green–and remember that people with color blindness may have difficulty distinguishing between blue and green.
- Make sure your sign can be read from a distance of 20 feet (6 meters) or more; if you must use small text, try using it sparingly and combine it with bigger fonts so there’s no confusion about what you’re trying to convey in your display area!
Showcase The Star Of The Show
The best way to showcase your product is by focusing on the product itself. You should aim to display it as prominently as possible, and in a way that doesn’t detract from its appearance.
- Don’t clutter up your display with price tags or brand names; these things are extraneous and only serve to distract from what’s really important: the item itself!
- Don’t try too hard with fancy packaging or advertising; let the product speak for itself!
Use Your Imagination And Come Up
- Use a unique theme.
- Use a unique product.
- Use a unique method of display.
- Use a unique location, such as on top of the cash register or near the entrance to your store, and make sure it’s visible from everywhere in your shop!
If you’re not sure where to start looking for inspiration, try looking online at websites like Pinterest or Instagram for ideas about what other gift shops are doing with their displays (and remember: don’t copy them exactly–put your own spin on things).
Use Bright Colors To Draw Attention
- Use bright colors to draw attention to your display.
- Match the product and its packaging with the color scheme of your store, or choose a complementary color that will make it stand out on store shelves.
- Use seasonal themes in your displays, like pumpkins and Halloween candy in October or poinsettias for Christmas (or whatever other holiday is relevant).
Don’t Forget To Give Each Product
The first rule of thumb is that you don’t want to crowd your display. If there are too many products stacked on top of each other, then customers won’t be able to see them all and will have trouble browsing through your merchandise.
The second thing to remember is that it’s important for every item in your gift shop display to have its own space, even if it’s just a small one! Don’t forget that each product has its own personality and deserves some room on the countertop or shelf where it’s placed so that customers can really appreciate what makes them special.
We hope these tips have helped you to think about your gift shop display in a new light. Remember that the most important thing is to keep it simple and make sure that each product has its own space. If you’re looking for something unique, try using bright colors or even some imagination!